Ladies are kindly reminded that formal daywear is a requirement in the Royal Enclosure, defined as follows:
- Dresses and skirts should be of modest length defined as falling just above the knee or longer.
- Dresses and tops should have straps of one inch or greater. Strapless, off the shoulder, halter neck and spaghetti straps are not permitted. Dresses and tops with sheer straps and sleeves are also not permitted.
- Jackets and pashminas may be worn. Tops and dresses underneath should still comply with the Royal Enclosure Dress Code. Midriffs must be covered.
- Trouser suits are welcome. They should be of full-length to the ankle and of matching material and colour.
- Jumpsuits are welcome. They should fall below the knee, with regulations matching that for dresses.
- Hats should be worn; however, a headpiece which has a solid base of 4 inches (10cm) or more in diameter is acceptable as an alternative to a hat. Fascinators are not permitted.
Girls (aged 10-17) should dress in accordance with the Ladies' Dress Code. However, they may wear a headpiece or fascinator as an alternative to a hat, without any size restriction.