The current going ahead of QIPCO British Champions Day on Saturday 19th October is:
Straight Course: Heavy
Outer Round Course: Heavy, waterlogged in places
Inner Round Course: Good to Soft, Soft in places
3mm rain since midday Sunday to 9am Monday. Rain forecast for today, Tuesday is expected to be mainly dry, rain forecast again for Wednesday. Showers forecast for Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
The forecast is for an unsettled week with rain forecast on most days.
Chris Stickels, Clerk of the Course at Ascot, said: "The weather forecast is unsettled all week and connections of prospective runners are reminded of the race conditions, relating to the round course races."
The Ascot Racecourse Executive in consultation with BCS and the BHA reserves the right to transfer this race to the Inner Flat Course in the event of the Outer Course being un-raceable, or in serious danger of such, on the day before or on the morning of racing.
Stickels added: "Racing on the outer course on Saturday may yet be possible but we have the option to switch. With waterlogged in today's going description, if we were racing today, we would be on the inner course.
"In the circumstances, with uncertainty over which round track will be used, the BHA has confirmed that irrespective of the decision, penalties will not be applied to any non-runners withdrawn from round course races due to the ground conditions. We are most grateful to them for the flexibility shown, enabling connections to plan whilst waiting on the track decision."