The below sets out what to expect ahead of your attendance at Royal Ascot and the actions you need to take.
The 3 specific requirements from you are:
- Provide consent to attend Royal Ascot as part of the Events Research Programme (ERP) and your contact details for the purposes of NHS Test & Trace.
- Provide evidence of a free negative lateral flow test on arrival at Ascot Racecourse (on each day you are attending).
- Complete two free covid-19 PCR tests; one the day before of the day of attending Royal Ascot, and one 5 days after your attendance at Royal Ascot
Please note: There is no cost to any attendees for the required Covid-19 testing.
Details on how to complete these 3 requirements are as follows:
1. Provide your Consent & Personal Information
You will receive an email with a secure link to provide this. Consent must be provided on an individual basis. It cannot be provided on someone’s behalf.
Provision of your consent and relevant contact details are essential in order for you to be sent your digital tickets – see below.
2. Your Tickets to Royal Ascot
Once you have provided consent, we will use the email address you provided to send you your digital ticket. If you have not received this two days prior to coming to Royal Ascot please contact:
3. Provide Evidence of a Negative Lateral Flow Test
Follow the instructions accompanying your test kit to do the lateral flow test within 36 hours of attending the event. This process should take less than 5 minutes.
It is critical that you report the result of your lateral flow test within 24 hours of doing it. Follow the instructions and you will receive an email and text message to confirm the result. The text or email together with your digital ticket will be required to be admitted to the racecourse.
4. Complete Two Covid-19 PCR Tests
When you provide your address Ascot Racecourse will send this data to the Events Research Programme for them to distribute to you directly two PCR tests via Royal Mail.
Please ensure this is an address where you can receive your PCR tests ahead of attending Royal Ascot.
You are asked to take one PCR test prior to attending Royal Ascot, either the day before or the morning of attendance, and send this back in the pre-paid envelope provided with the test, posting it in a Royal Mail priority post box. You are asked to do the same for the PCR test 5 days after attending. Here is a location finder for your nearest priority post box.
The process of taking the PCR tests should take less than 5 minutes.
Please see below for more ERP information ahead of your attendance.